Frequently Asked Questions
- All categories
- After-sales guarantee & quality
- Care instructions
- My account
How to pack my items?
1) Pack item (s) in the original packaging and include th...Read more
1) Pack item (s) in the original packaging and include the shipping document you received in the box to initiate the return. Please be sure to attach the pre-paid return label on the outside of the package covering any previous address label.
2) If you no longer have the Fedex return shipping label or choose not to use it, we recommend that you send your return insured with tracking capabilities as Vuarnet will not assume responsibility for any loss.
3) Please send your return to:
c/o VUARNET ECOM RETURNS
333 Smith Street
Farmingdale, NY 11735.
4) You can drop the package at your nearest FedEx location, or you may call FedEx for pickup at 1800.GoFedEx (1.800.463.3339)
How to request a return Label?
1) Click here to be re-directed to our return center.2) E...Read more
2) Enter your complete order number (i.e.#1234-V) and your email address (same address used to process your original order).
3) Click the Return Item button
4) Select the product you would like to return and reason you are returning.
5) Select the return option available and validate to generate your label
6) You will have the ability to download the return label or access the label via the confirmation email you will receive once you complete the process
7) NOTE: We will cover the return postage costs only if you use the Fedex label you downloaded from our return center. If you decide to return the product using a different method, you will be responsible to cover the return postage costs
How to wave the FedEx signature requirement ?
Please contact us the same day you make your order. W...Read more
Please contact us the same day you make your order. We can wave this requirement for you within 24 hours. The package can be shipped without the signature requirement and VUARNET relinquishes responsability of the product to the buyer at the time of delivery.
How do I get Fedex to leave a package without a signature ?
Just go to fedex.com or call 1.800.GoFedEx while your...Read more
Just go to fedex.com or call 1.800.GoFedEx while your package is in transit. Then, request "Hold at Location" for a list of convenient FedEx locations in your area where you can pick up your package at your convenience. Now, you could leave a note on the door with delivery instructions and your signature.
When will i get my refund ?
1) When your package has been received by Vuarnet, you...Read more
1) When your package has been received by Vuarnet, you will receive an additional confirmation email stating that your refund is being processed. Please note that you will receive the refund 3-5 business days after this confirmation email.
2) The refund will be processed to your original form of credit card payment.
How to find a missing package that shows as delivered ?
IIf your tracking information shows that your package...Read more
IIf your tracking information shows that your package was delivered, but you can't find it :
Within 36 hours of expected delivery :
- Verify the shippng address
- Look for a notice of attempted delivery
- Look around the delivery location for your package
- See if someone else accepted the delivery
- Some packages travel through multiple carriers ; check your mailbox or wherever else you receive mail.
- Wait 36 hours - in rare cases packages may say delivered up to 26 hours prior to arrival
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and receipt information
When will my order be ship ?
Orders are shipped 1-2 business days after the order ...Read more
Orders are shipped 1-2 business days after the order has been received. You will receive an email notification once your order has shipped along with tracking information.
- Orders will ship the same day if its placed before 3pm EST (excluding weekends and holidays)
- Orders placed after 3pm EST for in-stock merchandise are processed the following business day.
- Items shipped overnight on Friday will arrive on Tuesday (not Saturday nor Sunday)
Shipping Carrier Contact : Fedex - Phone : 1-800-463-3339
How do I change my password?
You can change your password in the “My account” area of ...Read more
I have forgotten my password. What should I do?
Click the “Forgotten your password?” link in the account ...Read more
Why can I not log into my account?
There are many reasons why you might not be able to log i...Read more
I cannot create an account. What should I do?
Contact our team of advisers to help you create your acco...Read more
Do I have to create an account if I want to place an order?
You do not have to create an account to place an order. Y...Read more
How can I cancel my order and get a refund?
You cannot cancel your order once confirmed. However, you...Read more
When will I receive my invoice?
Why has my payment been rejected?
Whenever you make an online payment, an authorisation req...Read more
When will the money be debited from my account?
The money will be debited from your account when you pay ...Read more
How can I pay for my purchase?
You can pay using a Carte Bleue, Visa or MasterCard credi...Read more
Is your online payment system secure?
Most e-commerce websites use the “Secure Hypertext Transf...Read more
What happens if one of the items I have ordered is out of stock?
If an item in your confirmed order is out of stock, you w...Read more
How do I change my delivery address while placing an order?
You can modify any aspect of your order before confirming...Read more
How do I track my order?
Once your order has been shipped from our warehouse, you ...Read more
Can I amend or cancel an order once I have placed it?
You cannot amend or cancel an order once it has been conf...Read more
You cannot amend or cancel an order once it has been confirmed. However, you can return your parcel free of charge and receive a refund within 14days after your date of purchase.
For more information, visit our Returns Policy page.
The glasses I want are no longer in stock. When will I be notified that they are back in stock?
If you want to purchase a product marked as out of stock ...Read more
How do I contact your Customer Services department?
To contact our Customer Services department: By phone: 9...Read more
To contact our Customer Services department:
- By phone: 914 292 1290
- By email: email@example.com
I have broken my glasses. What should I do?
If the breakage is due to a manufacturing defect, you ...Read more
If the breakage is due to a manufacturing defect, you can return your frame to us within the guarantee period (2 years), only for product(s) bought on vuarnet.com. However, the guarantee does not cover accidental breakage by the customer.
Do I need proof of purchase to benefit from the guarantee?
Yes, you will need your proof of purchase to exercise you...Read more
How do I exercise my rights under the guarantee?
You have two years from the date of purchase to exercise ...Read more
How long are my glasses guaranteed for?
Vuarnet offers a two-year guarantee against manufacturing...Read more
Vuarnet offers a two-year guarantee against manufacturing defects on all sunglasses (from the invoice date). The guarantee does not cover usage defects.
For more information, visit our Limited Warranty Policy.
Can I get a full refund if I’m not satisfied with my purchase?
You have 14 days from the date of purchase on us.vuar...Read more
You have 14 days from the date of purchase on us.vuarnet.com to return your parcel free of charge and receive a full refund. After this 14-day period, we will no longer be able to refund you for the product.
My glasses have arrived in poor condition. What should I do?
You have 14days after your date of purchase to return you...Read more
You have 14days after your date of purchase to return your parcel free of charge and receive a refund. For more information, visit our Returns Policy page.
Beyond this 14-day limit, a refund will only be offered if the frame is in poor condition due to a manufacturing defect. Please refer to the Limited Warranty Policy.
How do I return my parcel?
You have up to 14 days from the date of receipt of yo...Read more
You have up to 14 days from the date of receipt of your purchase to return your items to us. Refunds will be made for unworn items, returned in their original packaging. The refund will be paid once we have received the product. The guarantee policy applies following the end of this 14-day period. Guarantee policy page
- Please use the enclosed shipping document and shipping label when making a return.
- If you no longer have the FedEx return shipping label or choose not to use it, we recommend that you send your return insured and keep the tracking number as Vuarnet will not assume responsibility for any loss.
- Please send returns to STELLAE INTERNATIONAL c/o VUARNET E-COM RETURNS. 333 SMITH STREET FARMINGDALE, NY 11735.
- The credit card refound will be processed directly to your account. You can drop your package at your nearest FedEx location, or you may call FedEx for pickup at 1.800.GoFedEx (1.800.463.3339).
To contact our Customer Services department:
- By phone: 914 292 1290
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is your returns policy?
You have up to 14 days from the date of receipt of yo...Read more
You have up to 14 days from the date of receipt of your purchase on us.vuarnet.com to return your items to us. Refunds will be made for unworn items, returned in their original packaging. After this 14 days period, we will no longer be able to refund you for the product.
How long will delivery take?
Orders are delivered for free within 2- 5 business da...Read more
Orders are delivered for free within 2- 5 business days (excluding weekends and holidays). You can also select your preferred shipping method for urgent deliveries :
Express - 2 day delivery (excluding weekends and holidays) for $25.
Overnight (1 business day) for $40.
Standard & Express Shipping - Orders placed by 3PM EST will be shipped same day Monday to Friday. All orders placed after 3PM EST Friday will be shipping the following Monday. Orders placed on Weekends or Holidays will be processed out the next business day.
Overnight Shipping - Orders placed by 3PM EST will be shipped same day Monday to Friday. All orders placed after 3PM EST Friday will be shipping the following Monday. Orders placed on Weekends or Holidays will be processed the next business day.
All orders are subject to availability and credit authentification. During sale and holiday periods, additional processing time may be required.
What countries do you deliver to?
We deliver our frames throughout the United States. F...Read more
Where do you deliver to?
FedEx will deliver your parcel to your delivery addre...Read more
FedEx will deliver your parcel to your delivery address, not including P.O.Boxes.
How much will it cost to have my order delivered?
Your parcel will be delivered by FedEx : GROUND : ...Read more
Your parcel will be delivered by FedEx :
- GROUND : 3-5 business days (excluding weekends and holidays) - free
- 2-DAY : 2 business days (excluding weekends and holidays) - $25
- OVERNIGHT : 1 business day (excluding weekends and holidays) - $40
How do I care for my glasses?
Keep them in the original case. Indeed, even though Vuarn...Read more
Keep them in the original case. Indeed, even though Vuarnet mineral lenses resist scratches very well, your bunch of keys or a nail file in the bottom of your handbag risk damaging them with time. Result; not only are the scratches unsightly, but they also seriously affect your visual comfort.
When you take your glasses off, do so with both hands. In this way you protect the frame hinges.
When you put them down, fold them up and put them with the arms in contact with the surface; avoid putting your sunglasses down on the lenses, there's no better way to damage them.
Once back from the beach, simply rinse them under tepid water to remove sand and salt traces.
Is there a specific product for cleaning my glasses?
To clean your glasses simply at home, use a mild liquid s...Read more
To clean your glasses simply at home, use a mild liquid soap. To rinse them, pass under cold or lukewarm water. Avoid using hot water at all costs. Dirty or abrasive cloths should also be avoided as they may modify the lens characteristics.
You may also choose a glass cleaning spray, usually on sale at your optician. In this case, wipe them with the chamois cloth usually supplied with the original case. If you have lost it, use a very fine, soft fabric to wipe them.
In some cases where you do not manage to clean your glasses properly as indicated above, you may wish to see your optician. Most opticians possess ultrasound equipment for cleaning glasses. It is suggested to let them soak in an ultrasound water bath: this will remove any impurities stuck to the frames. Most of the time, this service is provided free of charge by your optician.
This may be done every 2 months for complete cleaning.
Where can I get my glasses adjusted to my size after delivery?
A qualified optician can make adjustments to your fra...Read more
A qualified optician can make adjustments to your frame for a fee.
Do you provide prescription sunglasses?
All VUARNET sunglasses with the exception of the XL G...Read more
All VUARNET sunglasses with the exception of the XL Glacier are available in both single vision or progressive lenses. VUARNET prescription sunglasses are all produced using mineral glass. Each Vuarnet lens, including prescription, is engraved with the V on ski symbol.
Our mineral glass lenses in your prescription are handmade in France, in our factory, in Meaux close to Paris.
IIt is not possible to order prescription glasses on-site or purchase a pair from vuarnet.com to have made into prescription. If you wish to order prescription glasses, please visit a VUARNET retail optician to place your order. To find a VUARNET optician near you, visit the :
Only optical stores can order prescription sunglasses.
What are the advantages of the different techniques applied to our lenses?
The two-tone Vuarnet Mirror glass: our signature since 19...Read more
The two-tone Vuarnet Mirror glass: our signature since 1957. The two-tone mirror filters the light in the upper and lower part of the lens more efficiently, and as such you have maximum protection against glare and reflections.
The Vuarnet Mirror Flash lens: Other than the aesthetic aspect, the mirror flash lens acts by reflecting and filtering the light more efficiently. It guarantees you maximum comfort in very bright conditions.
Vuarnet Polarized lenses: bring optimum color definition and greater eye comfort against glare from reflections. All our frames equipped with polarized mineral glass always carry the symbol “P”: Grey Polar, Blue Polar, Blue Polarlynx and Brown Polar are available.
What advantages are offered by mineral glass?
Vuarnet mineral glass guarantees the HIGHEST protection, ...Read more
Vuarnet mineral glass guarantees the HIGHEST protection, the HIGHEST clarity, the HIGHEST durability, and is 100% recyclable.
For further information, please visit our website page “Why choose Vuarnet lenses?" on vuarnet.com.
How do my Vuarnet sunglasses protect my eyes?
Thanks to the mineral glass and specific Vuarnet treatmen...Read more
Thanks to the mineral glass and specific Vuarnet treatment, your Vuarnet sunglasses protect your eyes from the following:
AGAINST UV AND BLUE LIGHT
- Vuarnet lenses filter 100% of UV (UVA, UVB, UVC) and as much as 99% of blue light, one of the most dangerous in the visible light spectrum.
AGAINST GLARE AND REFLECTIONS
- Brand signature, our exclusive bi-shaded mirror treatment guarantees maximum protection against glare and reflections.
AGAINST UNWANTED REFLECTIONS and INFRA-RED
- Vuarnet lenses are the only ones in the world designed to absorb up to 94% of infra-red rays protecting your eyes from heat and dry eye.
- The lenses also benefit from an anti-reflection treatment inside of the lens, eliminating all unwanted reflections.
For further information, please visit our website page “Why choose Vuarnet lenses?" on vuarnet.com
What tests do you do to check product quality?
We perform detailed and complete testing procedures on bo...Read more
We perform detailed and complete testing procedures on both lenses and frames.
Three tests are performed on the lens during the manufacturing process:
- Inspection of the polished glass quality; individual check of the glass polishing.
- Shock resistance measurement by ball-test; a ball weighing 16 grams is dropped from a height of 1.27 m onto the lens to test its shock resistance.
- Inspection of treated lenses, under specific lighting conditions to ensure that the glass has no scratches/imperfections.
Each frame is individually checked before the product is packaged.
How do I know that my Vuarnet glasses are authentic?
Each authentic frame is delivered in its own case complet...Read more
How do I choose the right size of sunglasses for me?
On each product leaflet, we indicate the temple width (di...Read more
On each product leaflet, we indicate the temple width (distance between your temples) and the frame size (S for Small, M for Medium or L for Large) in order to help you select the pair of sunglasses most suited for your face.
To figure out know the temple width of your face, use a ruler to measure the distance between the two horizontal screws of the arms on your current glasses. (If you have a fine/angular/large round, we recommend the size small/medium/large).
Size S refers to a temporal distance of 127-134 mm, size M to 130-163 mm and finally size L to 133-139 mm.